الأربعاء، 27 أكتوبر 2010
Objectives and Goals
The Computer Centre at College of Applied Sciences - Salalah has the following Objectives and Goals:
- Offering the required computer services for students, members of the academic and administrative staff.
- Offering the required computer services for scientific research.
- Offering the special services to involve the computer in the administration of the faculties, centers and departments of the college.
- Providing the chances of training on the applications and uses of the computers for people inside and outside the college.
- Supervising and following up all the projects related with IT.
- Supervising the developing and updating of the website of the college.
- Establishing the intra-structure network of the college which covers the faculties and their departments.
Vision & Mission:
MissionThe LRC mission is to support the educational process, and search activities through providing various sources of information to the college staff, students, and the local community.
Objectives:The LRC is a learning environment containing a wide variety of sources of knowledge dealing with the beneficiary and allow him opportunities to acquire skills and experiences and enrich the information and not contrary to the rights of intellectual property through self-learning and functioning with the assistance of other departments of the college. The Center aims in general to provide a learning environment with multiple sources of knowledge allows the beneficiary to benefit from several different types of learning resources that create a self-learning opportunities and enhance his skills in research and exploration and also enable the teacher to follow the modern methods for the design of the lesson and material development, implementation and evaluation, is done through the following objectives:
Develop the capacity of beneficiaries to obtain information from various sources.
To encourage cooperation between the centers of other faculties of education.
- To provide the necessary environment for scientific research.
- Support the curriculum through the provision of learning resources needed.
- Participation in absorbing the explosion of knowledge and modern technological developments.
- To develop skills in research and exploration and thinking of the beneficiaries.
- provide the means to support faculty members in order to diversify teaching methods and exchange of experiences and cooperation in the development of the educational process.
- Encourage self-learning and meet the needs of individual differences.
Resources Unit (Library)Library was provided with all information sources that support and enrich the curriculum, as well as external references that meet the needs of users of library services and develop their knowledge of the Assembly. Library contains on its shores nearly 60 thousand printed books and periodicals, and references to various kinds of dictionaries and atlases encyclopedias, directories and finding books and other books of general knowledge in addition to a magnetic tape in various disciplines and library offers many services, most notably the loan service is a service offered to all college students as the period of borrowing books for students is two weeks, while the faculty members and administrators for a month. The library in addition to the broadcasting service transition and ongoing briefing and reservation and reference service in addition to the training of beneficiaries on the use of the library.
Are in the laboratory of educational methods to train students on the production and preparation of teaching aids and lab includes several audio and visual devices that keep pace with modern advances in the preparation of teaching aids.
Services provided by the laboratory of teaching aids:
- Action montage of film education using computers.
- Use of television sets available in the laboratory to listen and improve the level of English.
- Print to disk interface using a technique CD-DVD program Light Scribe.
- Borrow controllers (remote control) to run multiple monitors Projector - LCD in the halls.
- Borrow videos and television and audio reader (Registrar).
- Copy and the work of CD-DVD drive for the project work of students and faculty members.
- Use the scanner.
- Borrow a laptop (laptop) to view the work in the classroom only.
- Borrow monitors Micro forms Over Head Projector.
- Annotations to the work of educational programs using Photoshop & PhotoDraw.
- Printing color photos and slides only with respect to research and study.
- Packaging gases and the work of poster size A3-A4.
- The use of punch and cutting tools for the work of manuals and teaching aids required.
- Maintenance and supervision of monitors in the classroom.
Head of Department
23226611 ext. 515
23226611 ext. 460
23226611 ext. 403
23226611 EX 404
23226611 ext. 404
وشروط القبول في هذه الكليات هي:- النجاح في الشهادة العامة للتعليم العام وما في مستواها في جميع المواد ودراسة المواد الآتية:- اللغة الإنجليزية
- اللغة العربية
- اللغة العربية
- الرياضيات البحتة أو التطبيقية
- الدراسات الاجتماعية
- الدراسات الاجتماعية